EarthDaily Agro calculates ag-analytics based on massive medium and low-resolution satellite imagery and weather data. As a data engineer, you will oversee conception, development, quality, deployment and use in the production of applications processing geospatial data to Analytics Ready Data and analytics computing.
EarthDaily Agro delivers easy-to-use analytics that reduce the everyday risks of Agriculture.
With 30 years of industry experience, EarthDaily Agro provides customers with the data, analysis and knowledge they need to make more efficient and effective decisions. B2B services range from global risk management and monitoring of agricultural commodities to the marketing of inputs and precision agriculture consulting, using the latest research in agronomy, information technologies and remote sensing.
EarthDaily Agro also develops highly customized business solutions for agricultural lenders, insurers, input suppliers and food companies, with easy-to-use analytics, that help reduce the daily risks of agriculture.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, USA, with offices in France, Brazil, Australia and Switzerland, EarthDaily Agro, a division of EarthDaily Analytics, provides space-age data and analytics for the organizations and people who feed the planet.
EarthDaily Analytics Corp., a vertically integrated data processing and analytics company is launching a new constellation of earth observation satellites. The EarthDaily satellite constellation will significantly enhance geospatial analytics capabilities in agriculture, forestry, environment, financial services, and intelligence, among many other verticals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
EarthDaily Agro calculates ag-analytics based on massive medium and low-resolution satellite imagery and weather data. As a data engineer, you will oversee conception, development, quality, deployment and use in the production of applications processing geospatial data and in particular images of the future EarthDaily constellation. These applications generate Analytics Ready Data and analytics computing used in EarthDaily Agro’ or its clients’ models. They run in a highly scalable cloud environment where performances and mastering running costs are key. The position requires a strong DevOps culture. The work will be done in collaboration with team members (data scientists, functional teams, developers, other IT teams and managers).
Your responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance applications for automatic ingestion and processing of earth observation data, in a cloud environment.
- Monitor and manage operational phase of application: deploy the application, monitor running, issues and performances, continuous improvement, performance and costs optimization of applications.
- Architecture and conception of evolutions or new applications, selecting best technical.
- Support and documentation.
- Technical watch on software upgrades for components used in applications, including webinars, conferences.
Education, Knowledge and Abilities
- More than 5 years of previous experience.
- Very good knowledge of a cloud environment, AWS or Azure
- Senior-level in at least one of the following languages: Java, Python
- Devops culture, knowledge / 1st experience with the following technos : Docker, Kubernetes
- Curious, autonomous, ability to train quickly on new technologies
- Ability to design or contribute to the design of data processing solutions
- Fluent English in a technical context to work with our international colleagues.
Other skills appreciated
- Messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka), databases (PostGre, Cassandra/ScyllaDB, VerticaDB), .Net C#, Spark (Scala)
- Experience in developing data processing chains, if possible with geospatial data.
Full-time position in Balma (31), France. Possibility of home office according to internal rules.
If you are looking for an exciting career in AgTech with a young, dynamic team and global opportunities, join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the reference “ARD Engineer/ARD-05/2021”.
Open Positions with EarthDaily Agro
To support our company’s growth and leadership position in our field, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Interested in joining our team?