EarthDaily Agro provides space age data and analytics to the organizations and people who feed the planet!
With 35 years of industry experience, EarthDaily Agro provides customers with the data, analysis and knowledge they need to make more efficient and effective decisions. B2B services range from global risk management and monitoring of agricultural commodities to the marketing of inputs and precision agriculture consulting, using the latest research in agronomy, information technologies and remote sensing.
EarthDaily Agro also develops highly customized business solutions for agricultural lenders, insurers, input suppliers and food companies, with easy-to-use analytics, that help reduce the daily risks of agriculture.
EarthDaily Agro is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, USA, with offices in France, Brazil, Australia and Switzerland and is a division of EarthDaily Analytics Corp.
EarthDaily Analytics Corp., a vertically-integrated data processing and analytics company, is launching a new constellation of earth observation satellites. The EarthDaily satellite constellation will significantly enhance geospatial analytics capabilities in agriculture, forestry, environment, financial services, and intelligence, among many other verticals.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
Sell complex scientific and technological analytics and software to businesses. He/She must have extensive knowledge of the analytics and software being sold and understand the scientific processes that make these products work as well as a strong understanding of the technical and business challenges the customers need to solve.
Define, formalize and execute revenue growth strategies mainly focused on new accounts and Geosys platform and core capabilities for North America. Supported by locally focused resources, global market segment teams and business enablement resources, He/She develops relationships with prospects, decision makers and influencers, to close sales in line with Geosys core strategy and with long term potential.
Your responsibilities include:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to existing and prospective customers explaining aspects of the product or services available.
- Talk with customers to assess requirements and provide timely and accurate service offerings with adapted pricing to all completed prospects after approval by management.
- Negotiate price and effectively close deals with a win-win mindset, while striving to maintain maximum profit margins.
- Secure and renew orders and arrange delivery.
- Develop business plan and strategy for multiple product lines and markets that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability. Identify opportunities for new growth and develop new strategies with other Departments.
- Manage distribution contracts where applicable, defining targets, means and commission levels.
- Execute on action plan for effective progress with sales leads. Meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Maintain accurate records of all proposals, activity reports and sales.
- Keep regular contact with existing customers and check their satisfaction level. Negotiate and close subsequent deals, upselling and cross-selling with support of the account manager.
Education, Knowledge and Abilities
GEOSYS seeks a results-oriented, dynamic, and innovative sales leader with experience and demonstrated success in selling agricultural technology services to large organizations that will meet the company’s mission and vision. The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
- A BA or BBA required – preferably in a scientific or technology domain – and experience in sales.
- Experience in selling API, weather and remote-sensing based analytics to stakeholders in the Ag Food value chain.
- A strong sales person who understands the importance of a clear vision and focused mission with measurable outcomes. Demonstrated ability to break down broad goals into achievable milestones with associated action plans and deliverables, to anticipate and solve problems, and to take advantage of sales opportunities.
- Solid understanding of the agricultural market in North America. Significant experience in selling advanced technology systems with longer sales cycles, which include the following subset of characteristics:
- Superior communication skills and listening abilities to understand customer needs and qualify willingness and capacity to invest in technology. High emotional intelligence, political discernment, and sensitivity.
- Fast learner able to grasp possibilities and limitations of technical components and able to write complex technical proposals assembling Geosys assets and skills highlighting value proposition fitting prospect needs.
- Statesmanship when making formal, persuasive presentations; an individual who has the communications flexibility to work effectively with stakeholders from across the customer base (up to top management of large organizations) and internal organization.
- Excellent organizational skills. This position requires being involved in and handling multiple areas at once. Coordinate activities with respect to final deadlines agreed upon.
- An affinity for agriculture and ability to be passionate about the industry. Sound judgment, unquestionable integrity, and mental toughness.
- Experience in an intercultural environment.
- Full-time position
- Based in Sao Paulo or remote-office
- Attractive basis salary and bonus
- Competitive benefits package
If you are looking for an exciting career in AgTech with a young, dynamic team and global opportunities, join us!
Please send your resume and cover letter with the reference BusinessDev/BR-12/2022
Job Type: Full-time
Open Positions with EarthDaily Agro
To support our company’s growth and leadership position in our field, we are always on the lookout for new talent. Interested in joining our team?